- 1&3/4 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup Hershey’s cocoa
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5tsp baking soda
- 1tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1cup boiling water
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except boiling water.
- Beat at Medium speed for 2 minutes
- Add Boiling water (Mixture will be very thin)
- Pour mixture into cake pan (I use 9X13). Cake will rise.
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) until toothpick can be stabbed in and comes out clean. (about 30-40 minutes)
This is the cake Mrs. D’s classic birthday cake which she always topped with oleo/cream cheese frosting, but this cake is great with any frosting, or on its own.