- Thawed chicken breast
- Breadcrumbs of your choosing (I use “Sage and Onion” stuffing cubes)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional seasoning (sometimes I use DIRT, garlic powder, “McCormick Garlic Bread Sprinkle”, Parmesan chicken seasoning, or other chicken seasoning)
- If not already desired size, place breadcrumbs in seal-able bag, then place seal-able bag in paper bag (to reduce cleanup) and crush with rolling pin or rubber mallet.
- Place breadcrumbs in small dish and mix with Parmesan cheese and seasoning to taste.
- Dampen chicken with water and roll in crumbs.
- Place chicken on cooking grate on a pan or cooking sheet.
- Take remaining crumb/seasoning mix and sprinkle over chicken. Press crumbs down lightly into chicken.
- Cook chicken at 350F for 45 minutes or until done.
It is important to realize that if you dip chicken in bread crumbs you can not save the extras, since they are now contaminated.
Water does a mediocre job getting bread crumbs to stick to chicken, but by taking the extra crumbs and pressing them into the top you ensure well breaded chicken. This also allows you a buffer should anything start to burn. Not all of the crumbs you place on top will stick, allowing you to brush off any burnt crumbs should that happen.