- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 1 head celery, finely diced
- 1lb baby carrots, chopped
- 1/3c flour
- 4 cups clam stock (Better Than Bouillon brand)
- 51oz chopped sea clams (Sea Watch brand)
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 bay leaves
- 2lbs Idaho potatoes, 1/2″ cubes
- Todd’s Dirt, to taste (We use low down dirt)
- Heat the butter in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery and carrots, then saute until softened.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes to cook off the raw taste.
- Add the clam stock, juice from the clams, bay leaves, and potatoes.
- Lightly boil until soup thickens, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Add half and half, clams, Todd’s Dirt, and pepper to taste.
I promise this will not make enough soup. You will need to make it often! Don’t be afraid to make it “juicier” or with more veggies if that’s how you like it.