- Dirty Pizza Dough
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 jar pesto
- 2 bags shredded mozzarella
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 can of mushrooms
- 1 tomato
Note: When grilling pizza, I’ve found it works best to preheat the grill (propane) by firing up all burners on high. When you go to place the pizza on the grill, turn off the burners directly under the pizza. Leave the other half of the grill on high. You may need to rotate the pizza dough periodically during the cooking process.
- Place the Dirty Pizza Dough on a pizza grilling pan. Preheat the grill and let the dough partially cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
- While the dough is cooking, cut the chicken breasts into strips and saute on the stove in olive oil and DIRT (Bayou DIRT recommended).
- When the pizza dough is partially cooked, remove from heat and begin adding toppings.
- Apply a generous layer of pesto over top of the dough. Cover the pesto with the grilled chicken, sliced peppers, sliced onions, sliced mushrooms and sliced tomatoes.
- Add a generous amount of cheese over the top
- Cook on grill until cheese is golden brown
If you like a crispier crust, turn up the grill heat under the side that has the pizza. Usually takes 30 – 45 minutes to cook on the grill, but the wait is worth it. This is one of the best pizza’s I’ve had!