Saurkraut Balls (makes 7-8 dozen)
- 2#’s pork or Italian sausage
- 2-15oz cans of sauerkraut (drained and chopped)
- 2 pkgs cream cheese
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsps mustard (your choice of type)
- 1-2 Jalapeno peppers (chopped)
- 6 slices of bread (cubed)
- 1 bunch of parsley (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Seasoned flour (flour with your choice of spices)
- 5-6 eggs with 1 ½ cup of milk (mixed)
- Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- Canola or Vegetable Oil
- Brown sausage. Just before done add the onions, garlic, and jalapeno peppers. Finish cooking.
- Add bread, parsley, sauerkraut, cream cheese, and mustard. Add salt and pepper if desired. Mix well.
- Chill for at least 1-2 hours.
- Form into balls.
- Roll in seasoned flour, dredge in egg-milk, and roll in seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot oil until outside is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
If serving at a later time, heat sauerkraut balls in a 350 degree oven for approximately 15 minutes.