- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp soft unsalted butter
- 3 cups whole almonds, skin on
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 beaten egg w/ 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Put white sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, butter, and almonds in a large mixing bowl. With mixer on low, add beaten eggs and vanilla. Mix just until dough holds together.
- Put dough on floured surface. Cut in half. Roll each piece into a log. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten each log slightly with your palm. Lightly brush the top of each log with the egg wash mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove from oven. Cut dough diagonally into biscotti pieces.
- Return pieces to 300F oven until dry to taste.
Watch the hardness/dryness of the biscotti. For coffee-dipping, go extra dry. For general eating, don’t dry them out too much. I recommend doing the additional drying in small batches so that you can try the hardness you like. When you’re done, be sure to store in an airtight container. For an extra twist, try adding some melted chocolate to one face of the biscotti.