- 4 Haas avocados, chopped and mashed gently by fork
- 4 cloves garlic mashed, then minced in press
- 3/4 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 fresh lime, halved
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Small hot pepper, optional
- Small amount of homemade salsa, optional
- Prepare ingredients above, saving avocados for last to prevent darkening.
- Mash avocado in bowl until just rougher than final desired consistency.
- Squeeze lime over avocado mixture, and stir in.
- Combine other ingredients, and adjust to taste.
- Serve with blue chips, and enjoy.
Avocado selection is absolute key. You want ripe avocados, but not overly ripe. If you get overly-ripe avocados, you will have baby food. If you pick under-ripe avocados, you will have tough chunky green paste.
Originated with Maria Guzman